At Spaces to Places we are thrilled to see flex office operators leading the way in the property sector by providing public social impact reporting and increasing the number of B Corps in the sector. But why do businesses invest so much time and effort into getting this certification?
B Corp is a certification for private companies which helps to evidence just how importantly you value your wider social and environmental impact.
Certified B Corp status is awarded to those businesses that meet very high standards in social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability. This criteria is verified by B Lab, the not-for-profit organisation behind the B Corp movement.
Becoming a B Corp™ certified business isn’t just about demonstrating your ethical and sustainable credentials.
It’s actually a savvy business move that sets you apart.
Companies that achieve B Corp™ Certification enjoy economic growth above the current averages and attract loyal customers who are more socially and environmentally conscious than ever.
What is B Corp™ Certification?
Certified B Corporation is a status awarded to ethical and socially-minded businesses that can demonstrate how they balance profit with people and the planet. With B Corp™ certification, you demonstrate your commitment to a better business future, for your employees, customers – and the world around you.
Achieving B Corp™ status also has firm business benefits. Research from ONS shows that certified businesses grow 28 times faster than the national economic growth of 0.5%. Becoming B Corp certified is a rigorous process, achieved by receiving accreditation from B Lab (a non-profit organisation).
How can Flex Operators Get Involved?
Flex Operators, and Landlords, who have obtained B Corp status, have all committed to using their business to create a positive impact on society and the environment. They do this by:
- Providing sustainable workspaces: These companies use sustainable materials and practices in their workspaces, such as energy-efficient lighting and water conservation.
- Supporting local communities: These companies partner with local businesses and organizations to support the communities in which they operate.
- Providing opportunities for employees: These companies offer their employees opportunities to learn and grow, and to make a positive impact on the world.
The growth of B Corps in the flexible office sector is a positive sign for the future of work. It shows that businesses are increasingly recognizing the importance of using their business to create a positive impact on society.
What are the Benefits of Becoming a B Corp?
There are many benefits to becoming a B Corp for a flexible office operator or landlord. These include:
- Increased brand awareness: B Corps are recognized as leaders in social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. Becoming a B Corp can help you attract new customers and partners who are looking to do business with socially responsible companies.
- Improved employee morale: Employees are more likely to be engaged and productive when they work for a company that shares their values. Becoming a B Corp can help you create a more positive and productive work environment for your employees.
- Enhanced access to capital: Investors are increasingly looking to invest in companies that are making a positive impact on society. Becoming a B Corp can help you attract new investors and raise capital more easily.
- Improved supplier relationships: Suppliers are more likely to want to work with companies that share their values. Becoming a B Corp can help you build stronger relationships with your suppliers and get better prices.
- Increased market share: Consumers are increasingly looking to buy from companies that are committed to social and environmental responsibility. Becoming a B Corp can help you increase your market share and grow your business.
Overall, there are many benefits to becoming a B Corp for a flexible office operator or landlord. If you are looking to improve your company’s social and environmental performance, attract new customers and partners, improve employee morale, enhance access to capital, improve supplier relationships, and increase market share, then becoming a B Corp is a great way to achieve your goals.
Here are some additional benefits of becoming a B Corp for a flexible office operator or landlord:
- Enhanced reputation: Becoming a B Corp can help you enhance your reputation as a socially responsible company. This can lead to increased brand awareness, customer loyalty, and employee engagement.
- Improved decision-making: The B Impact Assessment process can help you identify areas where your company can improve its social and environmental performance. This can lead to better decision-making and more sustainable business practices.
- Greater transparency: B Corps are required to disclose their social and environmental performance data to the public. This can help you build trust with your stakeholders and demonstrate your commitment to sustainability.
- Access to a community of like-minded businesses: B Corps are part of a global community of businesses that are committed to using their business to create a positive impact on society. This community can provide you with support, resources, and networking opportunities.
If you are a flexible office operator or landlord, I encourage you to consider becoming a B Corp. It is a great way to improve your company’s social and environmental performance, attract new customers and partners, and grow your business.